This event is the evolution of several previous ELECS (Encontro Latinoamericano sobre Edificações e Comunidades Sustentáveis) held on 1997, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013.
Euro-ELECS 2015 is an innovative scientific event that aims to bridge the gap between the academic environment, society, theory and practice connecting European countries and the countries of Latin America.
For this reason, in addition to the scientific content organized by prominent world researchers, the programme will include activities like workshops, technical visits and the presentation of practical experiences in association with industrial partners.
- Innovation and improvement of construction materials or systems (low and high tech solutions);
- Design solutions (low cost, reuse, eco efficiency, renovation, retrofitting, urban renovation);
- Building technologies management;
- Technical knowledge transfer for materials, buildings, neighborhoods and building sector;
- Nearly zero energy buildings;
- Policies and strategies in building or city scale;
- Empowerment and participation processes for sustainability;
- Social housing and buildings affordable to all;
- Assessment tools (life cycle analysis, rating tools and monitoring) for materials, buildings, neighborhoods and building sector;
- Education for sustainability;
- Urban mobility;
- Urban food production;
- Resources (water and energy) and residues management.